Yes, a lot of my entries will be discussing pvp... because I like pvp, but I don't like Allods pvp.



I love how much e-peen waving there is on the forums right now about pvp. Specifically certain guild members vs other guild members of another faction. I can't believe people are already using words like "skill" and calling other players bad. I'm sorry, but if WoW arenas was viewed as one of the least skilled mmorpg pvp-types (why yes, it is an e-sport), then Allods isn't even on the meter. Currently there is way too much imbalance between the classes... that's right... I called it out! CC lasts for way too long, a certain class can attack while bubbled, too much rock, paper, scissor-ing.

Since there are no battlegrounds or skill!rankings, I'm afraid you can't single out players as being better than another. Ultimately it's up to groups of players, in this case: whole entire guilds. But how are you going to measure that? One side will always think they are better than the other... and no one will admit defeat. Alas, I believe the e-peen threads will live on. Perhaps the better question is, why does it matter? So what if a League guild lands in Yasker's Tower? Cool story bro?

I wonder if guilds understand that their forum presence actually affects how other people view them. Although, if their original plan was to look like elitist jerks, then kudos to them. I'm all for competition, but not of the insult-throwing kind... and with my experience in mmorpgs, the people who need to talk down / brag to other players are probably some of the worst players. And if by chance they are good, they have a personality that you'll get tired of quick.

Inflated egos != skill.


In other news, I plan to roll League (melee scout) on Nezeb sometime in the future. I've reserved the name Akrios (I like him better than Neilyo!). Cookies if you can guess the reference.

3 Responses so far.

  1. Unknown says:

    http://warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=146151

  2. Unknown says:

    I hear impersonating akrios is what the cool kids are doing.

  3. Duet says:

    I hear the definition of impersonating is to copy said person. ;) Allods scout != WoW rogue.

    I'm just trying to honor him as I was a big of fan of his stuff when I played WoW. Learned a great deal about rogues from his videos. Maybe you can call me an Akrios fangirl. :D

    Sadly Akrios is taken on Tensess. :(

Leave a Reply