Today I logged on happily to idle in Nezeb, typing "/z lfg lab13" every couple of minutes in hopes of starting a group. Fortunately the party filled up quickly, and we all teleported down within 20 minutes of the party creation. I felt like I was blessed with patient players, as my previous attempts at creating a legit instance group failed miserably. Everyone was nice and understanding (in our noob ways) and we helped each other finish the pre-dungeon quests before actually heading in...

What awaited us was NOTHING we expected.

We figured that since the instance is level 22, the quests are 22, and our whole group was 22 - we would be fine right? WRONG. Our first 3 pulls proved very difficult - the healer would pull aggro with a single heal, no one seemed to focus fire (wtb raid marks), and the mobs hit HARD. Every pull resulted in at least 2 party members dead. The one time I pulled aggro, the mob crit me for a whopping 4.7k. Needless to say, I was not pleased... when you have a group of the right level players, why is it still so difficult? Someone ended up leaving, I went back to town, defeated and begging for high level help.

This issue seems to be a glaring problem, it's as if Allods is promoting players to get run by higher levels. Here are some fixes...



  • Adjust the level of mobs in the dungeon so it is 1-2 below the average party level. These were level 22 elite mobs hitting me for a few thousand damage.
  • Adjust the quests so they reflect the correct level you need to be to go into a certain instance, even if it means 2 levels higher than the mobs.
  • Tone down the damage so class/roles of the party aren't so important. We only had 1 CC at the time (me), at the moment we don't have the luxury of getting an exact mt/ot/heal/offheal/2cc setup. With how hard the mobs were hitting, our offtanks were taking so much damage our healer could not keep up.
  • Introduce raid marks so PUGs can actually be somewhat coordinated.
  • Just be a lot noob-friendlier, even if this is a mid-game instance. Even Zul'Farak on WoW was not this difficult.

In the end, the main issue is how much of a difference 1 level can make, which I have already discussed in a previous post. Screenshots will be uploaded soon! I dinged 23 and ported my char over to AT and logged out - PHP and AJAX homework awaits. ;)

As I'm procrastinating through AT/Holy lands (to be honest I am actually considering grinding the whole thing out) my first guide project will be a "What Archetype should I play?" guide, and possibly a treasure chest location guide next.

5 Responses so far.

  1. This sounds like the instance in Darkwater, the Courtyard, on the League side. I had heard it was tough, but walking in and being one-shot by a mob on my lvl 24 Warden was an eye opener.

  2. Hi Duet!

    Thanks so much for the heads up on Lab 13! We will look into the level discrepancies.

    The Allods team is reaching out to players that are making positive contributions to the community through blogs or guides similar to yours. We would love to mention your blog in a news posts appearing this weekend (on allods.gpotato.com).

    We'd love to hear your thoughts on this! Again, thanks for the support and we look forward to reading more about your adventures in Allods as part of the empire.

    P.S. This is definitely a real memeber from the Allods Team! :D Feel free to reach out to us on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/AllodsOnline), Twitter (@allodsgame), or our e-mail address (allods_suggestions@gala-net.com) and we'd be happy to send a reply validating our identity.

    Also, is your real name Lena? We would love to put a real name to the news post, unless you preferred Duet. Please let us know!

    Thanks!

  3. Anonymous says:

    Zul'Farak on wow was difficult until Mid BC when they made the majority of mobs non elite in all Vanilla instances, So was Scarlet Monastery for that matter. It is doable and for those of us who've played since before wow came out the challenge is welcome. What's more difficult than the style of instance in Allods is finding a group who want's to take the instances on and learn how to run them. Allods instances are of equal or slightly lower difficulty to the vanilla wow instances. I myself have had the difficulty of finding a group that doesn't kick a member and get a high lvl after two wipes. Pathetic. I believe that the allods creators wanted to bring the challenge back, it's unfortunate that the new generation of gamers are so easily discouraged.

  4. Anonymous says:

    P.s. I quit wow and started allods because it's that challenging. Anyone up for growing some new mmo muscles? Post if so.

  5. Duet says:

    The fact is that the instances need to be doable by the right level without using microphones to communicate. My group wasn't that bad and we tried for several wipes. I love challenge but I'm not going to bash my head against a wall repeatedly and waste time for nothing. :P

    Pulling from the tank should not equal me being dead within 2 hits. That allows little to no time for reaction by a pug.

Leave a Reply