As of this entry, I'm only 80% away from dinging 40. I'm not too fond of Dragon Ring, after dodging 2 geared 40s with warbanners patrolling the whole map for the entire banner duration... so I've decided to check out Yazes Shard. Fortunately that place has a lot more quests and the terrain is a bit easier to navigate... aka, not filled to the brim with 39 mobs that I can't kill without using spectral assassin.

Posted this screenie because I believe this is the official Xad psi cape! ;D I could be wrong, but it certainly matches the color/symbols from the character creation screen.

Pretty tired of browsing the forums because it seems like every other thread is raging about one thing or the other. I can't believe the "omg do something about teh AT ganking!!1" stuff is still going on. Come on people, this is a WORLD PVP game, what the heck are you expecting? How come I have a feeling most people who complain about that stuff have never experienced world pvp games? It's nothing new, world pvp is never fair and even I have come to accept that. When I was leveling up my priest during the release of TBC, I think I died like 13 times within an hour in hillsbrad. I died even more in STV, the AT of WoW. Except unlike Allods, you had no unflag option in contested areas in pvp realms and you had to run back to your body so level capped players could literally CAMP YOU FOR AN HOUR. Did we have the option to stand on a res pad and teleport out? NOPE! When I was leveling in outlands I was ganked from ABOVE - by players on flying mounts completely epic'd out. Did I go on the forums and cry that this was unfair and something needs to be done about it? No.

Now I'm ranting, but yeah... Really tired of seeing that issue keep popping up. I'm starting to believe the only way to make people happy is have PVE and PVP servers.

9 Responses so far.

  1. DoctorKitten-EmpHeretic says:

    Personally the option to have 3 or 4 servers wouldn't be to bad.

    1- All PvP
    2- Side vs Side PvP
    3- PvE With minor PvP in limited zones
    4- Co-Op, No PvP except in Arena like zones designed for standard pvp.
    ~shrugs~

    It would certainly let the kids go to their co-op server and not have to worry about ganking... because they suck at pvp :)

  2. The real question on my mind is: Is Tarren Mill under attack?!?!?

  3. Duet says:

    Tarren Mill is always under attack! Local defense channel is going craaaazy! Lmao.

    I just find it weird the game has pve elements like unflagging but then does a 180 and give out war banners too hmmm....

  4. Remorse says:

    Even WITH pvp servers, you will have people complaining about it, and without pvp, some repeatable's are undo able, its possible to get the rep, but a whole lot slower.
    My thoughts, let the haters hate.

  5. curvekiller says:

    From what I've read, warbanners will be restricted to the zone/area they were picked up in in the big upcoming patch.
    I hope we get that, I guess that would fix that some...
    But I don't think PVP/PVE servers are a solution, because the PVP population would decrease drastically and there would be even more bored 40's => more people quitting the game.

  6. Unknown says:

    And that is why I never read the forums if I can help it.

    Anyway, I seriously doubt having PvE and Pvp servers would do anything, it would just make people complain "GPotato iz trying to protect those crybaby n00bs" instead. No matter what any game does, someone is stil going to be unhappy, that is the way of it.

  7. Duet says:

    @curvekiller - They already are restricted aren't they? Then again I usually get hunted down before my banner is up lol... I don't see how the pvp population would decrease, they would just all flock to the pvp servers so they can play with like minded people who don't cry about it on the forums. More people are probably quitting due to the major Q_Q in AT.

    @Andy - I think if a pvp server was available they should get rid of the unflagging feature completely because it is an obvious pve element. A better fix would probably just make battlegrounds or something but then of course everyone will be like NO THAT WILL KILL WORLD PVP. /sigh (I wonder how many lowbies realize that world pvp is more or less DEAD at 40)

    @Remorse - Thats true, I think the game designers just want it to be a mix of pve and pvp.. but thats kind of confusing and ends up leaving both sides kind of unhappy.

  8. Will It Blend? says:

    "They already are restricted aren't they?"- Not if you acquire battle lust by having someone use a banner near you.

    There are no limits to battle lust if it was applied that way I believe.

  9. Smeltn says:

    Definitely think there needs to be a PVE server. It will stop a lot of the fussing

Leave a Reply