(screenshot from Novograd Times - healer casting circle of healing)

If you've ever visited the healer archetype forum on the official Allods forums, you'll notice that the majority of the threads are about melee healers. Well, what about the players who don't want to play melee healer? Occasionally you'll also come upon a few threads discussing pve healing... but what about people like me who want to heal/support in pvp?!

As a huge fan of disc priests on WoW - who were useful mainly for their utility and mix of offensive and defensive spells - I'm trying to make Allods' healers fit the role I want to play. Which is not standing in the back lines healbotting, but not in the front lines smacking people's faces in. If I wanted to do that I may as well roll warrior! I like healers that are mid-range players... you're close enough to annoy the enemies, but far enough to not get trampled over. This requires a build that can tank multiple targets while pushing out spot healing and dispels.

Due to the lack of information, I ended up playing around with the talent calculator and made my own build.

This is more or less theorycrafting, since I don't have my own level 40 healer to play around with - although she IS currently 10 and will be up there within the next few months.

Key Talents
  • Cleansing Flame (r3) - This is about the only real dps this build will be pushing out. Although its uses are varied since dots do break certain types of CC.
  • Imperturbability (r3) - A 15sec CD for spell interrupt immunity + 50% increased effect on holy spells is too good to pass up. This should probably be used every CD.
  • Blind Faith (r3) - The blind and movement slow effect is a good form of CC that will let healers escape, let a friendly player escape, or even just buy some time to heal up. For melee healers this gives them some time to dish extra dps, but for my build it will mostly be used defensively. Different between rank 2 and 3 is 30 seconds on the CD.
  • Purification (r3) - Rank 3 means instant cast for defensive dispel - I don't see why any defensive healer would not get this. You will be able to dispel dots, cc, etc.
  • Numbness (r1) - I am not sure if this spell is even worth getting as at rank 1 it is a 3 second cast, which might be hard to get off in the middle of a fight.
Key Rubies
  • Martyr's Reward (r2) - This grants 20% magical resistance and armor increase for 10 seconds after your hp drops below 50%. It can only occur every 40 seconds (imo it should be decreased to 30 or even 20 seconds). This just means more time spent healing others rather than worrying about yourself even if you start dropping low.
  • Entreaty - 30s CD instant heal on yourself. I feel like it's a mandatory spell for my playstyle.
  • Hold In Contempt - 30s CD silence that lasts for 6 sec. This is a skill that disc priests do not have in WoW - it's something you would need to spec shadow aka dps for. I feel like this is also mandatory in pvp.
  • Divine Foresight - 3min CD oshi- heal for another player. When they drop below 30% this will proc. Another mandatory spell imo because a lot of healing will rely on perpetual and that is merely a HoT.
  • Surge of Faith (r3) - This is a must if your cleansing flame and perpetual healing are maxed, and are probably your most used spells. It increases their effects by 45% at rank 3.
  • Above All Evil (r1) - I am considering dropping rank 2 of Holy Advantage (decreases mana cost of perpetual healing and cleansing flame) so I can pick up rank 2 of this spell. This spell doubles your crit chance for 20 seconds and has a 5min CD at rank 1, or 3min at rank 2. Provided you are group pvping, fights will probably last a long time so it won't be unusual to be able to use this more than once.
The biggest issues I have right now are:
  1. There aren't enough incombat, onthego, instant healing / damage mitigation spells. For example, disc priests kept their allies alive through use of shields and instant heals, or weak short cast heals (thus spot healing)... which the healer class on Allods does not provide.
  2. I don't know what mana spending is like at 40. Do healers run out of mana fairly easily? If they don't it means I can spend less rubies on mana-decrease talents.
  3. I can't test stuff out and there's not much information out there either! ;)

Leave a Reply