If you've endured the reputation grind in Asee-Teph - I applaud you (just the thought of that keeps me far away) . The grind in Eljune is a lot easier in terms of not having 40s 1-shot you every few minutes, however since Forestfolk is a neutral faction, you will most likely run into the opposite faction. If you like avoiding pvp - I'll promise you, at times you'll really wish you had a war banner...

(click for larger version!)

Anyways, welcome to Icemirror Lake - your new home until you hit the default 25k rep for Respected! I started my rep grind when I was level 30 with approx 6k rep from questing beforehand.

The 2 best ways to get rep are:
  1. Repeatable quest, which involves killing 6 Huge Pike (weird fish things in the river/lake) and collecting 6 River Fish from the nets along the lake. (1,000 per turn in)
  2. Killing Lake Lizard Warriors. There are quite a few different types of lizards in the area (female and fighter) but only the warriors will give rep. (varied amount)
Warning: This place can be relatively quiet, or it can be packed. People tend to warbanner here so they can get rid of spawn competition and/or earn some combat glory vs similar level players.

I edited the world map to show where stuff spawns.. although, take it with a grain of salt because the world map doesn't really fit the ingame terrain.

Red = Nets
Blue = Lizard warrior spawns

Repeat quest: NETS/FISH
The whole time I was there I only noticed 6 net spawns: 1 set right next to the quest giver, 1 set to the west along the south river bank, and the last set near the bottom right corner of the actual lake. The net respawns aren't that short, but they aren't terribly long either. Some people like to camp them, other people like me, prefer killing lizards for additional rep while waiting.


Repeat quest: PIKES
These are in the water in abundance, shouldn't be hard to find and kill 6 of them!

Lizard grind
As mentioned before, only lizard WARRIORS will give rep - the others will not. If you look on the map I provided, most spawns are on the east side of the lake. Most of the northern section are covered with lizard fighters. The small area to the west has only 3 warrior spawns - since it's not far away from checking the 2 nets, I killed those as well when the east side was wiped out.

Exactly how much rep do you get per lizard? Well it seems to depend on your level in relation to the lizards' levels. At level 30 I was getting approx 56-66 rep per lizard killed (most are level 28-29), and thats also how much xp I received (with my flag down). With my flag up I gained more exp but reputation gain did not change.

I ended up doing the repeat quest only 3 times, and spent rest of the time actually grinding the mob (hey you get 2 things: rep AND exp!). It took a few hours, but I left with almost 60% exp (includes fatigue) and shiny new gear! I also did most of it with my flag up and with a friend (I even used 2 war banners!) - so, sorry if you died to me or my buddy Stinkrat! :)

2 Responses so far.

  1. Anonymous says:

    Eljune Forest = Elwynn ForesT???? :O

  2. hammernsickle says:

    Eljune rep gear is sexy

Leave a Reply