So I didn't have the time last night to log on Allods (or even download the patch haha, gg me) but I'll definitely check in within the next day and have an "impressions" post sometime up this weekend. Perhaps it'll come earlier if the changes infuriate me as much as some of the posters are expressing on the forums. I know Allods gets a lot of flack when patches come, but the onslaught of negativity on the forums has me worried - generally there aren't SO many and usually there are a group of people diligently defending the game.

For people who have already experienced the new patch - what makes you go yay and what annoys you the most? So I can prepare myself...

I don't understand people who stick around the game complaining though, and predicting the game will die... I posted this on the forum yesterday (yes I'm lurking!) and I'll rewrite it here: Allods is more or less still a free to play game. I don't care how much you want to argue it, but without a subscription cost it can still technically be called that. People only predict doom and gloom for subscription games (like APB), when these games fail (Global Agenda) they hop on the free 2 play wagon. After that there is no real "death" to the game. Since Allods is already free, it will continue to attract random players... it won't die off for a long time. Yes the turnover rate will be extremely high (lack of substantial amount of long term players) but it won't die.

Some people are still keeping an eye on this game (Massively) hoping it will redeem itself from the very first cash shop fiasco to the last few patches, because (usually) the only thing to lose is time.

Speaking of BURNN 1up posted their APB review yesterday and the verdict was a D... Ouch! Several people who commented even went as far as an F! Personally I would give it a C+.

"A dev releases a mediocre game that is full of problems, yet many still play it. What incentive is there for a dev to do it properly?"
Something to think on!

3 Responses so far.

  1. Anonymous says:

    Basically you just don't want to die in the new allods unless you have charms. I think this is more of a punishment for lowbies because most of us high levels already purchase stuff from the item shop and thus can afford the new holy charms.

    That being said there are a lot of things they fixed and a lot of things they broke that were fine before. I have also been spotty playing the last few days but so far things have been just fine.

    Velkion

  2. Duet says:

    That seems to the be the trend with these patches.. break some fix some.

    Can't believe the cap is already 42, I haven't even gotten to 40 yet. :(

  3. Anonymous says:

    I wouldn't worry too much. No one is even remotely close to 42 haha.

    Velkion

Leave a Reply