As far as I know, there is currently no fix for this. The crashing is caused by a memory leak - the longer your client/game runs (AOgame.exe) the more memory it eats until it crashes. It seems like for most people this is somewhere around 1.5gb of memory. Basically, the game isn't crashing "randomly" and it only feels like its lagging because it's using up so much of your computer's resources.

I have actually not experienced any crashing because I restart my client when it hits the 1gb mark, and it takes approx. an hour of running before it gets that high. Now I've read on the forums that it crashes even faster (less than 30min) for some people, so keep an eye on your taskmanager (or whatever you use) and restart accordingly. Their latest patch (the 16mb one) seems to have done absolutely nothing to fix this error.

I'm not sure whether or not Gala-net really operates during the weekend - probably not - but they need to get a fix out for this as soon as possible. This is one of the few reasons why releasing patches late in the week is a horrible idea for a game prone to bugs and glitches, we usually end up having to wait a whole weekend before support resumes.

That aside, I'm liking the anonymous psionicist-only channel!

For people who need the 16mb patch (1.0.06.36.1 -> 1.0.06.37.1) due to peer searching issues, I've also uploaded that at this link:
Filefront: http://www.filefront.com/16321601/1.0.06.37.1_.zip
Megaupload: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9SJE7F1U

If you are getting the launcher corrupted error, don't forget to run this!
http://allods-ftp.gpotato.com/repair.exe

5 Responses so far.

  1. curvekiller says:

    My client doesn't eat memory, at least I didn't notice... But it still crashes with the same routine as everyone else's. Gpotato screwed up big time again -.-

  2. Duet says:

    Hmm really? Most people I've talked to who experience crashes = have memory leak problems. Before the latest patches Allods rarely if ever crashed for me.

  3. curvekiller says:

    Maybe I just don't notice it since i have 4 Gigs of RAM... but last time I checked after at least 30 mins of playing I was still at a good 670 some MBs.

  4. Unknown says:

    I get the crash, and others have spoken of it, but I have variable time, it crashed twice in an hour and a half Saturday, but only once on Sunday in two hours. Hope it gets fixed, I'm afraid of crahing at some crucial moment.

  5. Duet says:

    Yeah, and it seems like crashes are more prone to happen if you are in a more populated area.. like leveling out in coldberg and avilon netted me 0 crashes, whereas the starting league zone crashed me twice x_x;

Leave a Reply